We are always looking for bright, approachable and dedicated people to help push the brand forward.
We require dedicated, passionate and determined individuals to join our apprentice team at our busy and growing Hastings Salon!
An ideal assistant does not require previous experience within a salon environment. The apprenticeship stage will see you from Level I NVQ through until completion of Level III and the Red Intensive Training. It is important that as an Apprentice, you are dedicated and not afraid to challenge yourself on a daily basis.
As a general guideline, your duties may include the following:
- Assist the stylists – Apprentices are required to assist our existing stylists team in all aspects of the work that they carry out. This can include colouring, cutting or styling hair.
- Shampooing clients hair – You will be required to shampoo, rinse and condition the clients hair in advance of the hair cut by our stylists.
- Looking after clients – It is important that you are prepared to welcome customers, hang up their coats for them in the cloakroom as well as providing refreshments.
- Keeping the salon tidy and clean – Part of your duties will be to ensure that our team can work in a clean and tidy environment. This will involve sweeping the salon floor of cut hair, or tidying the sections once a service has been completed.
- Assisting on the front desk – You may be required to help out on the reception desk, performing duties such as taking salon bookings, processing payments and retailing hair care products.
The ideal candidate will have the following Skills and Personal Qualities.
- A well organised person with the ability to multi-task,
- Well presented,
- People person with ability to work well as part of a team,
- Professional manner,
- Self confident & able to work under pressure.
- Bright bubbly personality,
- Patient & Willing to learn,
- Good communication skills,
- Some creative flair,
- Attention to detail,
- Able and willing to follow instructions.
Previous experience working in a salon environment & hairdressing knowledge is not essential as training will be provided.
Previous experience in customer services or qualification in customer services is essential.
Computer literacy is required and a familiarity with word, excel is beneficial.
Register Your Interest and Apply Today
Fill out the form below to apply for this position. Please be sure to send us an up to date C.V when applying. Also, please download our Application Form, as you will be required to have completed this when applying for the job.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com